Stover Golf club
Stover: 30th May: We are open for members and visitors in 2 balls, but will be opening for 3/4 balls from the 4th June, please call the pro shop to book your tee time. We are also serving takeaway food and drink whilst adhering to social distancing at all ti
Wednesday 15th May 2020:
After the news from the Prime minister on Sunday evening, I thought it would be a good opportunity to update you of the plans to reopen Stover golf club. Please Note the club is only open to members at this time and we will update this when we are open to visitors shortly.
Whilst ensuring that we all abide by the rules and stay safe, the news is, I'm sure, very welcome to every member of golf clubs around the country. With that said, I would like to clarify our guidelines for you to return to playing golf at Stover. A maximum of 2 balls will be allowed at this initial stage, and we will review this upon government advice.
Whilst we are reopening the golf course for play to resume, we would like to take a moment of your time to familiarise yourself with the rules regarding play, this applies to members, and when open to all visitors and member guests.
1. Arrive no more than 15 minutes before your tee time
2. Prepare by setting up bag/trolley/shoes and head to the designated tee you have booked for, these are sign posted.
3. Putting green and practice area will be out of action, the practice nets can be used for a few warm up shots, these areas will be highlighted and roped off to ensure social distancing is maintained.
4. A course marshal will be there to greet you and ensure you are ready to play
5. Tee times are at 10 minutes intervals, when you are on the course we will ask you to respect the gap between the group in front of you to maintain social distancing.
6. Upon completion of your round we would ask you to pack up as quickly as you can before leaving the premises, this is in line with social distance restrictions and allows other players to get to the tee in time.
7. The clubhouse, toilets, changing rooms, patio, bar, & halfway hut, will all be closed during the initial reopening period.
8. The club management and course marshals have the authority to remove players from the course who are not abiding by these rules.
9. Hand sanitisers will be strategically placed around the clubhouse areas for your safety & to clean up after your round
10. No touching of the flag stick, cups will have inserts inside to allow you to lift your ball without placing your hand in the cup
11. Bunkers are GUR, if you choose to play out of them please use your foot/club to tidy as best you can
12. Only 2 people per group will be allowed on the course with each tee booking, non players are not permitted
Tee Booking system is due to
These rules are in place to ensure the safety and wellbeing of all our members & visitors.
Stover Golf Club
The peace and tranquility of Stover Golf Club, located on the edge of Newton Abbot, is a convenient treat for golfers in the south west, with easy access from the A38 and M5. The course is one of the best parkland courses in the south west. The beautiful parkland golf course features a wide variety of holes, elevation change, mature trees, streams and picturesque ponds.